Saturday, October 07, 2006

Happy Birthday Mom

See the title of this post and you can guess why I'm not in the best of moods today.

Do you ever have those mornings where getting out of bed seems like the most traumatic thing? I laid in bed for 45 minutes before I couldn't hold it any longer. :P

Today Katie and I will spoil ourselves by going to Habitude to get our nails done. Then it's off to the cemetary (where we will be meeting Uncle Dan and Aunt Gwen) and then Mukilteo. Mom's best friend lives out there and she and her husband are having us over for dinner.

Yesterday was very fun. Jenny, Paige and I went to Blue C Sushi at the University Village near the University of Washington. I am going to miss both of them so very much. It has been good for me to see my girlfriends here on a regular basis.

Last night Brie and Steve came over for dinner and asked if Matt and I would like to be godparents of their child. Naturally, I said yes for the both of us. I am so excited! They also asked if my Dad would be a god grand-dad, which was very sweet. We are both honored to be part of this new little life.

Tomorrow I will spend the day packing and may head over to Bainbridge Island to see Uncle Gregg and Aunt Diane, but I'm not sure yet.

Monday, I take off. Train leaves at 9:45 a.m. I bought a memory card for my digital camera so I can take lots of pictures. :)

1 comment:

Lena said...

Many hugs to you today.