Sunday, May 07, 2006

International Movie Weekend

Friday night I saw Water with Kari and Amanda. A sad and yet very inspiring and hopeful film about a young girl who is married at 8 years old and her husband dies shortly after. She is banished to a widow's group home where she gets her head shaved and changes the lives of the other widows. I wasn't quite sure how the movie was but I dreamed about it that night and was still thinking about it yesterday. I would highly reccomend that you see it and then let me know what you think. :)

This morning I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep so I watched a selection from my netflix DVD collection. The Girl From Paris (Paige, you HAVE TO see this movie if you haven't already) is about a, well, girl from Paris who is sick of city life and goes to work on a farm. I wasn't expecting some of the brutal stuff, like shooting a pig in the head and cows getting their heads chopped off (just a warning in case you're sensitive like me), but all in all a lovely quaint story. Good for when you're feeling ill and have a nice warm cup of tea and a purring cat at your side.

No comments: