Monday, May 14, 2007

Weekend with the girls

Friday....I don't remember what I did on Friday...I think we stayed home and just hung out.

Saturday was fun. I went to visit Liz in San Gabriel and we had a lovely lunch at my new favorite spot, Wild Thyme Cafe - they have the best zuchinni bread! We talked and talked and talked some more, catching up on stories that seemed to have happened years ago when it had only been a few months. She's off to an Alaskan cruise later this month but we've sworn to get together more often - none of this "every few months" business.

Yesterday was Mother's Day. To keep my brain occupied, Mary and I headed over to BJ's Brewery in Burbank and then to the Los Angeles Autry Museum to see a fashion exhibit. Lunch was wonderful - berry cider and fish tacos - I couldn't beat the company. The exhibit was nice but small. So we went to the store and got some wine and cheese, but she couldn't find a parking spot. So we rescheduled "wine-o day" for later this week.

Thanks to all who called and sent emails yesterday to make the day a little easier. Much appreciated.

No comments: