Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Busy and tired

Saturday I spent with Kari M. who is getting married next October! I hadn't seen her since I got back from my 3 week NW rondeveau last month, so there was much catching up to do. Her friend Jenny was in town from San Francisco, so the three of us plus Amanda and Sonia got together for high tea in Pasadena to see the ring, discuss options, suggestions, and have a girly day. We did some window shopping in Old Town Pas, going into Tiffany's, a Japanese paper shop, bought some clothes at H&M (my new favorite store), and got caught up on all our stories. I did not go out for drinks that night as I was getting exhausted and had a busy weekend ahead of me (we also went to Target at 8pm - best time to go).

Sunday Matt and I went to my friend Marie's wedding. She and her new husband, Eric, are celebrated in chic style. We had never been to a Jewish ceremony before, so that was very interesting and fun to boot. It was at the Sky Room in Long Beach, which has a 360 degree view atop the building in a fabulous restaurant. Each guest was assigned at a table, and each table was named after their favorite movies. Matt and I were assigned to Young Frankenstein along with a few other young married couples. We had a blast. The wine was flowing, the music was hopping, and the food was incredible! The newlyweds were so cute. Marie and Eric had been waiting for this day for so long. It was wonderful to finally see them as, officially, husband and wife.

Monday we headed out to Venice Beach for a BBQ with Mary and Ben and other close AFI friends. We headed out to the beach, had a bit of alchohol, and ate good food. We brought a salmon pasta salad, hard cider, and burgers. Someone brought these chocoloate chip cookie-bars that were simply amazing melt in your mouth awesome. I couldn't eat enough, but after 4 my stomach decided IT had enough. Matt left early to go to another party, and I stayed behind to catch up with Mary.

For those of you who don't know, I got a job! It's not official yet, they are still processing paperwork. But, thanks to Gina Nicole, I am working at a staffing company. We place temps, temps-to-hire, and direct placements in the financial and administrative sectors. More details to come when the position becomes official.

Matt graduates next week. I can't wait! I am so proud of him and all his accomplishments. He is ready to move on to the next phase in his career and both of us can't wait to find out where we're headed next. :)

And, finally, WELCOME to Don and Cindy! We're so excited you're close by!

No comments: