Thursday, September 21, 2006

This is my life, should I choose to accept it.

Well, where do I begin?

First off, unfortunately, Great Aunt Helen died this week. I was not close to her, but my dad was, so we are off to Spokane tomorrow for a few days for the rosary (whoopee) and funeral (yippee). I am not looking forward to this as I know it's just going to bring back memories and pain that I have barely dealt with from mom's funeral. But I do get to wear my cute Nordstroms suit again and spend time with Aunt Sharon at her place. I don't get out there nearly enough. This means my trip to Aberdeen has been postponed until next weekend, which then throws off my plans for the next few weeks.

Secondly, work has gotten incredibly stressful in the last 24 hours. They have decided that I am going to work on the pricelist, which happens to contain over 4,000 items (and that doesn't include the new items)...it's a nasty project that is not worth stressing about at this point. I have no idea what I'm doing but thankfully my co-workers are being very patient with me...for now...this means, though, that I need to be working more which means less time for social gatherings (which I was enjoying quite a bit).

Oh, and it's pouring rain. Again. Which means the 520 floating bridge should be loads of fun on my way home this afternoon.

But Katie and I have a lunch date this afternoon which means I get to leave earlier than expected! :) We are going out for Pho in Ballard, and it's going to be deeeelish! Nothing like a big pot of soup on a cold, damp, Seattle day.

1 comment:

kari said...

omigod, i love pho! there's some great places for hot noodle dish out here in los angeles but i think hot soup in the northwest is about the best thing ever. i wish i was there right now.