Monday, September 25, 2006

Out of reach

I'm starting to hate my phone. I don't know why, but all of the sudden I just hate talking on it. I'd rather talk in person or through email. I can't explain why, but the phone is just really annoying these days - it just seems to be a constant interuption (and for those of you who have called, this isn't directed at anyone, it's just a phase, I promise!) And I'm starting to get anxious about my trip to L.A. 15 days! I can't believe I'll be going back that soon. As of Wednesday, I'll have been here 2 months. It feels like so much longer... :P

I am very excited for November. Matt and I will be heading up to wine country over Thanksgiving, which means we'll be spending Christmas with the fam. At least I'll get a few months to settle into life where it includes my husband, friends, and 2 kitties.

Tomorrow Kari C. and I are getting together. I'm not sure what we'll do, but whatever it is I know we will have lots to catch up on. She is grieving too over the recent loss of her father (3 weeks before mom). It is amazing just how much we have in common in this process.

And I can't believe I forgot to mention that I got to see Jenny last week. We had a terrific lunch at an Italian bistro on Proctor in Tacoma. Fabulous wine and food. Most of our sentences (as she quoted humourously on her blog) began with "my therapist said..." We cried and laughed and gossiped. We went window shopped at a high-end furniture store and oogled at the garden and kitchen boutique. It was a wonderful visit.

No comments: