Sunday, September 17, 2006

Good times

I started yesterday off with meeting Brie at our old college hangout, NPCC. It was weird to go back there as the last time I was there it was to see Matt and the rest of the DG Improv troupe perform. Their menu has changed, and they offer even more alchohol (which isn't a bad thing). It was just strange to be back in a place where I had spent so much of my college years. I didn't recognize anything, until Brie came walking through the door. We had a wonderful catch-up session, about 2 1/2 hours. We dished about husbands, families, ourselves, friends, and not-so-happy things. It was wonderful to reconnect with her.

Then it was off to Puyallup again, this time to see Lena and her family. She has 2 adorable kids, Mattias and Hailey, and she and her husband, Shaun, threw a joint birthday party. So there I was, amongst all of Shaun's relatives and a bundle of presents. It was wonderful to see Lena and see her be a mom. She is very good at her job, and the kids are so sweet. I can't say that we dished all that much, but that will come later. :) I did finally get to meet Raissa (sp?) after all this time!

Last, but not least, I was off to University Place to visit Cindy, and we had decided before that we were going to do something that required little or no money. Which, actually happened. Except for the wine and cheese I bought. I couldn't help myself - I found this wine and Cindy and I just burst out laughing because it was such a surprise. Wine is supposed to be classic and tasteful, but this is a bitch of a wine...and I'm not kidding. Very spicy and not meant to be taken lightly. We watched Walk The Line and enjoyed watching Joaquin Phoenix smoldering throughout the movie. I actually got to stay overnight and that's where I am now. Cindy's off to church (she's so good), and Emily and I are going off to do something...hopefully not the mall. I have no make-up and no hair product in, so I'd rather go somewhere where I don't have to look made-up. :)

No comments: