Friday, September 28, 2007

Observations

I just love how Stephanie Paige and I can go shopping even when she's in NYC and I'm in L.A. She and I were exchanging phone calls and picture mail messages via cell phone yesterday so she could pick out a pair of (trendy) brown loafers. I looked up at the sky and just wondered in amazement how many conversations must be linked together right now through those sattelites in space...how busy the world is and yet it seems so simple when I'm at lunch eating my salad (outside) and shoe shopping via my cell phone...

I love how small this city can be, and how I have a job where I get to meet all kinds of people from different backgrounds, and all the things I have in common with them! Yesterday a "southern gentleman" from Florida came in. He had just moved here 6 days ago and was terribly homesick. I told him I felt the same way when I moved here 2 years ago, but that we all adjust at some point and that he would be okay. We started chatting about roller coasters and all the fun things you can do in L.A. I think we both felt a little better after our conversation. Poor guy...he was really hurting for Jacksonville, FL...

The cafe across the street has a perfect soup of the day today - Clam Chowder! I can't wait. Today it's cloudy and drizzling...it reminds me of Seattle and those nights where you just want to snuggle under a blanket and turn up the heat. Here, it gets a little muggy but we need the drizzle and a break from the sun. Today Leslie and I are heading off to the cafe to soothe our craving and rumbling tummies with Clam Chowder. While it's not Ivars, it's pretty darn close.

No comments: