Monday, September 10, 2007

Not much to do

Our main database is down at work today. Apparently some upgrades and changes are being implemented which means I don't have much to do today. All my reports use that database for information! So I'm browsing the net and answering phones, anxiously awaiting the time when I go to lunch and can read my book.

This weekend was wonderfully relaxing. Matt and I just hung out at home, we did not set foot outside, except to the store. On Saturday night, Don and Cindy came over for a scrumptious dinner, if I do say so myself. I made a mushroom and onion quiche (the recipe is from one of the Moosewood Restaurant Cookbooks) and a salad, served with a fabulous Pinot Noir from Kelsey See Canyon Vineyards up in San Luis Obisbo. For desert, I have had this craving for Strawberry Shortcake, so that's what I made. Homemade biscuits and whipped cream with fresh strawberries that had a touch of sugar, served with a Syrah Rose from Hunts Cellars in Paso Robles. All of us were stuffed quite happily, and Cindy fell asleep between the two meals. Wine and benadryl will do that to a person but I was happy that she was comfy enough to rest.

Sunday I spent in my PJ's, as did Matt, for most of the day. It was fun being lazy and not doing much except to just spend time together in the same place.

I just got a big project to do for work, so I better go!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Camille, I had a wonderful time on Saturday. It was the highlight of my weekend. Thank you for the amazing dinner! Yes, it was delicious! The best strawberry shortcake I have ever had. I must get the recipes for dinner and dessert. Sorry I fell asleep. Yes, benadryl and wine are quite the combo. But it felt so good! When I got home I went straight to bed and didn't get up until 9:00 the next morning. I think that's the longest I've slept in since we first moved here.

Lena said...

Hey! You met me at the airport for a little while on Sunday, which was great and so much fun.