Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It's a better day...a little better...

It's the nights that are the hardest. And it hit me yesterday why I'm really struggling with all of this.

He's a writer, yes? He works best from home which means he's home all the time. And while it would be nice to have a dining room table now and then, for the most part, it's a huge comfort just being around him. But now? All his stuff his gone. His "desk" is cleared off, so many of his clothes are missing from the closet, and little things are missing from the medicine cabinet. It's weird and I really don't like it. It's quiet all the time, and I actually miss having cable so I can have some background noise to keep me from feeling so alone.

Yes, Dahli, I must keep my chin up. Nine (now eight) days are close by, and I'll push through. Thanks Emilie and KT for your comments, to Paige for checking in on me, and to Pastor Sue for offering to keep me company. I have an awesome support network. The best of friends.

You guys are awesome.

2 comments:

K T said...

I agree about the nights being the hardest! It is eerie how quiet things get when they leave! Just keep looking forward to your trip up there and try to get out of the house/call someone/email/etc when you start to feel low (I know, it is easier said than done when staying at home sounds so good for all the wrong reasons). And hey, think about how you can sleep in the middle of the bed, make as much noise when going to bed and when waking up, and maybe even try to get him to do the whole love letters idea!
That little bit better of a day will turn into a little bit better every day and soon he will be home again!! :)
It isn't easy having a loving spouse be gone, and I am proud of you for taking it so well! Thank goodness for a good support group!

Cindy said...

Love the new Blog Face Lift!