Unfortunately, our avocados weren't quite ready for eating yet, so we had to make do without. This salad pairs very well with a hearty Viognier.
Also, I put the pineapple on the side rather than on the salad. It was a delicious dessert!
Cuban Grilled Chicken Salad
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, drained
- 3/4 cup diced fresh or canned pineapple
- 2 cups cooked chicken meat, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Toss the romaine with the onion, avocado, and peppers in a large bowl. Divide among four salad plates. Top each salad with a mound of black beans, some pineapple chunks, and the chopped chicken meat.
- Whisk together the olive oil with the garlic, salt, and pepper. Drizzle this dressing over each salad along with a little lime juice.