Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Tidbits

Therapy has been going well. I adore my counselor, she is wonderful and supportive, just as a therapist should be. I love that Matt and I see different therapists at the same building at the same time, and then reconvine afterwards for date night. Because we're feeling open and relaxed, we have great conversations and are able to talk without being snippy and/or overly tired. Last night we went to a fabulous Italian reataurant where I had risotto with wild mushrooms and sausage, and a dry pinot grigio. Matt had chicken picatta and a beer. For dessert, the best tirimisu we've ever had. Melt in your mouth, and not too heavy on the rum.

These past few days I've been working at a company called Faction. They are a graphics company that do the posters, popcorn bags, mini posters, for movies, and big ones at that. Past projects include Toomraider, Four Brothers, Hitchhiker's Guide, Braveheart...all kinds of interesting films. And it's neat to see the process of what goes into making a poster, making the DVD boxes, and things. It's something, in terms of Hollywood and movies, that I have never really thought about. And great people work here. I have a great time. There's a part time position open, and even though I can't be here Monday or Tuesday, I'm hoping that they will ask me back next week after I get back.

Matt is doing well but creatively somewhat in the toilet. He's burned out and frustrated with several projects, and feeling disgruntled. He wants to go to the beach, so that's what we're doing this weekend. He's so excited and has no idea where we are going (and I'm not going to tell you until after we get back since he reads the blog). Just know that it's a beautiful hotel somewhere on the central California coast, in wine country, and we're both looking forward to having some time together, just us and no outside world stuff.

When I get home I'll post some pictures of our goddaughter, Catherine. Brie sent me some really charming ones. For being barely 1 month old, she's incredibly expressive!

No comments: