Thursday, February 22, 2007

A decision has been made!

I finally got to have a chat with one of the senior partners here. Due some mis-communications that happened yesterday, I was finally able to clear the air. She asked me if I was interested in staying, I said "No, my heart just isn't here." I told her I needed to be available for my family, which she understood. I also told her that I wouldn't be able to stay that long, that hiring me would just be delaying the inevitable of finding someone who wants to be here and has an interest in the law. She was nice and understood. She asked why I lived in L.A. and I told her that my husband goes to AFI, and that I knew one of her clients, so we had a nice little chat.

It feels good to have this weight lifted off my shoulders. This is only a temp job and I can stop freaking out (Honestly, I shouldn't have been freaking out in the first place.) This has come to a close, and hopefully at this time next week, someone else will be sitting at this desk.

Thanks, Jenny, for picking up last night, and listening to me whine.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

You go girl. Happiness matters. And I think I'm on my way to finding it, at last. Miss you at girl's nights/afternoongs/whatever they've become. It's fun to hear what you've been up to. -AL :)