Thursday, March 02, 2006

I heart acting!

I had a great class last night. My scene was with Ferrell, and it went really well. I even got to yell, which was so much fun! Many of the actors have trouble getting mad and yelling, but I don't. My issue is being "intimate" with a guy on stage or on camera. It's just weird sometimes. I don't know how to explain it. What threw me off when we first started rehearsing in class was that Ferrell's fiance was in the class and watching us, but then I figured out that she's a bigger flirt than he is so it was no problem! My instructor said that I'm coming along nicely, that it's a joy to watch me improve, to see the subtle changes I make while increasing the intensity. Apparently I understand the mehcanics of acting, and now I'm working on "being in the moment", making the character real and interesting. It's so much fun. I love it!

The more I get into acting, the more I enjoy people watching and studying their moves and wondering what their personalities are. While I'm still kind of shy on meeting people at first, I find humans fascinating. So many characters and so many personalities to learn from! Especially here, where you can here 10 languages in just one day. I wonder where they are going, did they sleep, do they have family, are they single, do they live in the city or outside of it, have they ever been to another country, blah blah blah. And I know people think I'm staring and that they think I'm being rude, but I'm just curious and want to know more about them.

I suppose you all think I'm insane, but I'm getting more and more into this, and I'm loving every minute of it!

1 comment:

Dawn McSweeney said...

I haven't acted in years, but you are reminding me of the fun...
I write now (or try to), so I enjoyed this post because at least I know I'm not the only one staring at the strangers too much and asking myself such obscure things...
keep up the people watching... =)