Friday, January 08, 2010

Year of Gratitude

My friend Jenny has a great idea - to make 2010 the year of gratitude. I agree with her, that I too, get stuck in the monotony of what I don't have as opposed to what I am grateful for. So, every day I'll be posting 3 things I'm grateful for, and I encourage you to list in the comments or on your own blog what you are grateful for too! I know that 2010 is going to be a big year of changes not just for me, but for Matt and I. I want to remain positive and excited about the future, and unfortunately, I've been a bit of a negative nelly this first week of the new year. Time to shift gears!

1. I have not one but two jobs. In this economy, so many people are struggling to find work, and I have been blessed with these companies trusting me to get work done efficiently and in a timely manner. I couldn't be more grateful.

2. My weight loss. I was 20 pounds heavier when we moved here in 2005. Much of it was depression and not caring about myself or what I looked like. I still struggle with "weight loss" but don't believe the scale is accurate. I work out, I do my best to eat right and drink enough water. I am (and should continue to be) thankful that I've lost what I have!

3. These amazing people that are my friends. Far and wide, silver and gold. They have enriched me in ways that I didn't think was possible.

No comments: