Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hazy eyes

I can't sleep here. I don't know what my problem is. Well, last night I know. We went to a birthday party over in Silverlake, which was really fun, and then went out to the 101 cafe afterwards for late night dining. I made a bad choice and got a chai tea latte. Guess who was up until 4 in the morning and slept only 4 hours, POORLY? Perhaps this is preparing me for motherhood, who knows. All I know is that I'm getting crankier by the minute and want to go back to sleep. But each time I try to lay my head against that pillow and close my eyes, they just pop right open again.

So with this situation, I've spent the morning putting new recipes in Master Cook thanks to Cindy's trick (Thank you, Cindy!) and trying to muster up some calm, peaceful energy so I can go to the Hollywood Farmer's Market. It's a nice cool morning, and I don't want to waste it being grouchy.

And pictures to come from my trip to Washington. I had a great time, and am homesick. It was nice to be taken care of in that motherly way.

No comments: