Monday, March 03, 2008

Glad to be home

This morning we had a bit of an adventure. Matt woke me up in the middle of the night saying "Camille, I need you to take me to the emergency room." I went into caretaker mode and we got to the hospital in 15 minutes. As always, our stay was delayed for whatever reason, waiting for the doctor, the diagnosis, the prescription, etc. Because Matt hadn't slept yet due to the pain from his ear infection, the doctor also prescribed him some Vicadin, which Matt promptly took and was out by the time we got home. This morning I slept in, called work, and said I wasn't coming in at all. I'm glad I made that choice, even though I felt guilty because I had asked for a day off later this month (family will be visiting). I called my Dad, and asked him as a business owner, did I make the right decision? He said absolutely. Family comes first, and this is just part of life. At the moment, I'm glad I stayed home because the anti-biotics are making Matt a bit woozy and sleepy, which means I can play caretaker for the rest of the day.

And I have to describe the woman that I saw today at the drug store when I came to pick up his prescriptions:

Black Mercedes, freshly washed.

Giant black sunglasses.

Fluffy cute white dog on her lap while she's driving through the parking lot.

Fancy jewelry.

Make-up.

Furry fuzzy trendy boots.

Really? For the drug store? I felt really underdressed at that moment in my baseball cap, jeans, and t-shirt.

No comments: