Thursday, January 03, 2008

New and improved

In the new year there is always talk of what our resolutions will be and these always, almost always, fail for me. I love the start of a new year, the feeling of wiping the slate clean and setting goals for myself. I have some ideas of what I'd like to do this year, some are on my own, some are with Matt, and some deal with relating to other people.
  • Listening more and talking less. I really feel that I'm always talking about "memememe" and to be a better person and friend, I really need to listen to what people are saying.
  • To have a date night with my hubby at least once a week. I miss spending quality time with him.
  • To work out when I have the energy. Every year I say "work out 3x a week" but that almost never happens. So, whether it's yoga or my ballet video, I'm going to shoot for 2-3 times a week and do the best I can. It's also about portion control and drinking more water, which contributes to feeling better about myself, especially when I step on a scale.
  • To take voice lessons. Check! My first voice lesson is with Katy on Sunday and I'm really excited.
  • To find what I do like about my job and focus on that. To take what I have control of and run with it.
  • To develop a draft of a business plan for a bed & breakfast.
  • To find a new job, even if it's later in the year.

I guess my goal is to become a better person, but still be myself and not be afraid to just be who I am, while still learning from my friends and family, and embracing each day as it comes and not panicking about the future.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Very good goals. I know you are capable of all of them! Happy New Year Camille!