Monday, January 21, 2008

Customer Service

I'm not going to reflect on the phone conversation I just had because that means the snoody caller will win. In light of my personality make-over, this is really to find out why I reacted the way I did.

Every once in awhile, we all get a snoody caller or visitor, someone who is agressive and eventually cops an attitude. When I sense this, I immediately get defensive and incredibly nervous, as if they're a bomb about to go off. I revert back to childish ways of handling these situations, and then after it's done, I can't seem to let it go. I feel guilty for not living up the level of customer service I generally have, think of phrases that would have been more useful, etc. And I just have to take a few deep breaths and let it go. But there's this nagging sense that I've failed somehow, and in the grand scheme of things, this isn't really a big deal. AT ALL. So why is it that I react this way? Why do I let the little things get to me? I have some ideas, but they aren't exactly blog-appropriate.

All in all, I think I do a pretty good job here, and need to remember that maybe I didn't help one person today, but think of all the people I do help each day, and the repoire I've generated with so many of our candidates. That's what I need to focus on.

1 comment:

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.