Thursday, January 10, 2008

Mah-belle

My good friend Michelle is in town from Alaska. Poor thing is all on her own as I am stuck in the office trying to make up the money that I will lose from not having enough vacation days - I hate vacation policies - but nonetheless it's been so fun to have her here! Tuesday night we went to the Grove and had dinner at a Greek Restaurant. Apparently they don't have a greek eatery in Anchorage, so it was a treat for her and we introduced her to Spanikopita. Yum-o, if I do say so myself!

It was then off to Victoria's Secret's semi-annual sale where I found some cute and appropriate every-day undergarmets and then to meet Matt at the lobby of the movie theater. We saw I Am Legend. Has anyone else seen this movie? If so, what did you think? I heard reviews of it's either you love it or you hate it. Well I loved the first part but then after awhile, it seemed as though they switched writers and I was really disappointed. But the first half is totally worth it and I remembered why I don't see movies with zombies - I hate being terrified, especially at the movies.

Wednesday night was gaming night at Don and Cindy's and that was very fun. Michelle had never seen a D&D game before (believe me, I am still a noob) and I always enjoy introducing friends to each other. Cindy made a fantastic chili from Cooking Light and Michelle brought Apricot beer. In addition, we had quite the dramatic night for our characters!

Tonight Michelle is taking me to the Kodak Theater (where the Oscars might just happen, who knows?) to see Kathy Griffin. It's not so much for the comdienne as it is to just sit in those seats that grace the rear-ends of Hollywood stars.

No comments: