Sunday, April 30, 2006

A slightly weird conversation

So I was a parking attendant this weekend. Not the most glamorous job, but I met some interesting people. Most customers were nice, told me to keep the money and have a drink instead (to which I seriously considered their offer but eventually declined). Some were assholes, and some were just plain weird. For example, take the following conversation:

Car pulls up, grandfatherly man rolls down is window, grandmoterly-type wife is in the passenger seat.

Me: Hello, Welcome to UCLA. It's eight dollars to park.

Man: Hey there! You having fun today!

Me: Yeah, now that the sun is out.

Man: I guess it's even more fun making money, huh?

Me: Uh, yeah. (he hands me cash)

Man: So you're having fun in the sun making money. That's great! I bet you'd have even more fun if you were naked.

Me: Uh, no. (had him change and his parking ticket.)

Man: So, you're not the kinky type?

Me: Uh, no sir. Enjoy the festival.

The highlight was chatting with some very smart and interesting students at UCLA. Some were undeclared majors, one was poli-sci, one was english, and 2 were majoring in auronautical engineering.

I must say the highlight of my 20-hour weekend at UCLA was of course, an interaction with a celebrity. She was sweet, kind, and completely stunning. Have you ever seen "Robin Hood: Men In Tights"? Remember Maid Marian?

No comments: