Monday, June 18, 2007

Clothes Shopping

When I was a teenager you couldn't drag me from the mall. I loved going shopping and seeing all the people. I loved spending money...mostly because it wasn't mine. Now days, it's hard for me to get motivated. But with a new office job and a worn out wardrobe, it was time...for the Sherman Oaks Mall.

Cindy and I braced ourselves yesterday afternoon as we walked into Macy's. The Sherman Oaks Mall is actually quite large and hidden. We wandered into a few over priced shops where a funny situation happened. Cindy noticed a cute sweatshirt hanging on a rack she couldn't reach (we're both vertically challenged) so the sales lady came over and said "You know, this is salvage." We both said oh, okay not realizing that "salvage" was the actual brand and the sweatshirt was over 200 dollars! HAH! We walked out and realized that we both thought that when she said "salvage" we thought resale. We got a kick out of that.

We had a great day shopping. We bought some nice summer clothes at Ann Taylor, we each got a pair of new shoes, and I got a new pair of sunglasses. On our way back to take Cindy home, we also stopped at Trader Joe's which is always fun. Thanks Cindy for a fun afternoon!

This weekend I had chores to do but I didn't do them. Tonight I had make-up chores but didn't do them. I'm way behind. Vaccuming needs to be done and the kitchen needs to be cleaned. And before you know it, Katie will be here...

In exciting news, Matt is pitching a show next week at NBC Universal at the Sci-Fi channel!!! How exciting is this? Less than 3 weeks out of school and already he's got a major meeting. I am so delighted and proud of him!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow, a pitch to Sci-Fi?! That's very exciting. Let's hope they bite and then maybe something good will be on that channel again. Go Matt! Please make the Sci Fi channel worth watching again!!!

Thanks for doing the shopping thing with me! It's a lot more fun when there is someone else there to share the burden.

Alicia said...

Yay for you both!