Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Better

After 6 days of coughing, sneezing, and other fun things that come with being sick with a nasty cold, I'm finally better. So I went to boot camp yesterday morning and was so exhuasted I took a 3 hour nap and then slept 10 hours last night. And I'm still tired. Did I over do it? Maybe. My legs are like lead - I can barely move, but I'll get back into the swing of things, and before I know it I'll be able to run a marathon, or at least around the track once before stopping to walk and pant like a dog. I'm so out of shape. It's pathetic.

In my hometown of Seattle, it's been snowing like crazy. I don't know if ya'll have heard (and that y'all is thanks to Mary, my friend from Texas. She's had an influence on me) but it's been snowing like mad. Lows of 20 or lower and the highs are only in the 30s. Now before those of you from the midwest say "oh, you are such wimps, it's only snow!", consider that Seattle is a very hilly city and dangerous to drive when icy. Schools shut down only after a few inches, people stay home from work, it's crazy. But when you're a kid, what better way to spend a snow day than my sister did - going up to Whistler to snowboard.

And a very happy belated birthday to Jenny. I hope it was happy!

No comments: