Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Vacation

I have that little song going through my head where the chorus starts with the word "vacation". I don't know that rest of the words, but it's been a nice thought these last few days.

The fam and I are in Puyallup. We've stayed with my in-laws these past few days and tonight we're off to my Uncle's place also in Puyallup. He has a pool. I will make use of it. :) Then we'll go back to Seattle tomorrow and Thursday Matt leaves to go back to California. :( Which means Katie, Dad, and I go to Oregon to spend a few days on Uncle John and Aunt Muriels boat on Detroit Lake. I can't wait to spend some time outdoors. I may even get a chance to listen to my ipod.

I'm doing alright, but I'm more concerned about my dad. I know we'll all pull through this, some how, some day. But I find myself getting really mad and moody these days, just at the drop of a hat. I've also been really super lazy, which means I need to kick start the bikram yoga next week (thankfully there's a place close to my folks, er, my Dad's, over in Fremont). I have thought more than once "I wish my life would just go back to normal." But I have to adjust to this "new" normal.

3 comments:

kari said...

is it "vacation" by the go-gos? here's the chorus:

Vacation
All I ever wanted
Vacation
Had to get away
Vacation
Meant to be spent alone

anyways, hope you were pleasently surprised last night! have fun on all your adventures. and physical activity is a great stress reliever....

Anonymous said...

An Ode to My Friend

She was a blaze of glory, a gentle sun, a warm blanket around the heart, the tender lift of a sullen chin. She was the mother of my best friend. Her guide star, her sustaining reminder that she is someone’s daughter, her loving reassurance that despite everything life is good, her grounding force, and the nagging strength that would push her toward independence. Now she’s gone, and my friend, looks around at those she loves wondering why. She accepts no answers because there are none to give. She struggles under the weight of the burden of loss trying to carry it on her own, occasionally leaning against her family, husband, and friends. She is a bird who has taken flight to find her direction only to find herself called home by an early winter. The weather has been deceiving but with patience and time she will fly again. She will fly in the light of her mother who is no longer left behind. She will be warmed by the blazing sun, her mother’s beauty giving her life energy and meaning that she hasn’t previously believed could exist. She will blossom without the hugs, without the kisses, without the pet names, or delicious meals. She will fascinate at a daily life in which her mother’s absence seems impossible. And with her own tears and the tears of those who love her most, she will grow in the radiating love and glory that her mother entrusted within her. She is Camille. (…and Katie, and Kari, and Anna, and Lauren, and Mike, and Patrick, and Emily, and others.)

I love you, Bits.
Bobs

Jenny said...

How do I get a hold of Paige?