Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A...morning person? *gasp*

I know, I really didn't think it was possible!

Let me start of by saying I *despise* getting up at 5:30am. Despise. Really. But I *love* leaving work at 3:30ish, so it does have it's payoffs. And by the time bedtime rolls around, I'm actually tired and sleep all night. Who knew I could do that? And on a regular basis?

It hit me while I was at work this morning...my energy level in the morning far exceeds the small mass of energy I have in the evening, which I use to cook dinner and perhaps unpack a box (watching Brothers and Sisters is more like it). I am in bed by 10:30, 9:30 or 10 if I care to read before slumbering off to dream land. It's wonderful, the feeling of actually being tired at night? And sleeping? Glorious! Better get used to this before kiddos come along.

And may I say how wonderful it is that Matt loves his job so much? Wish I could say the same. Undertaking such a massive project, and all on my own, is a bit exhausting. Overwhelming. And somewhat daunting. BUT I do have my own office which is a bonus, and no more picking up the phone when it rings. It's glorious. Simply. Fantastic.

So yes, back to me being a morning person. I think it really has to do with the sun being out in the morning (or rather, here in the Pacific Northwest, it's light, even when raining). I doubt I'll feel this energized when it's winter and 30 degrees outside, raining, and freezing cold. Better prepare myself with some flannel sheets and a down comforter.

No comments: