Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Survival Mode

I have many reasons to be in this mode, most of which for what my husband is going through right now with his family. My mother gave me some wise advice when I got married - "Protect your in-laws." And that's what I'll do, but it's safe to say that I'm worried for Matt and his family. I'm not sure what will happen, I have never been in this situation before. Matt is in Seattle now, and I can only support him in what he chooses to do from here on out. If you pray, please pray for his family. If you send loving/supportive thoughts/energy, please do so. I'm worried.

As for me, I'm in survival mode for other things too. Personal things that are slowly being uncovered and I don't want to get into on the internets. I am still mad, still angry, still pissy and moody. Not a pleasant person to be around these days. I'm easily distracted and just want to escape. I think Cindy said it best in a blog post a few months ago - "I just don't feel like being responsible today." Except instead of one day, it's been many days and I need to keep going, to keep living.

I wish I could say more, but really I just wanted to get this out in the open, where I'm at and where I stand. I thoguht I'd get out of this mode in a few days but I think it will be a few weeks, maybe a month or more. I just have to ride this wave and see where it goes.

P.S. We did have some fun last night, thank goodness!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

You can count on my prayers.

If you feel like getting out of the house tonight, Rian is hanging at our place and we are making Tri-Tip on the BBQ.

K T said...

Sometimes our lives (and brains) just need a break from being "responsible" (I do like that quote from Cindy)! Take the time you think you need to keep yourself sane! Just try to surround yourself with the things that make you smile and can help you through these trying times... whether it be hiking, going to the market, eating from one of your favorite restaurants, snuggling on the couch with sweetie, or maybe even Bootcamp. Good luck! If you need a break and want sunshine (and an ornery and sassy puppy) come on out to Charleston... anytime!