Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mood

I'm just in a funk today. Nothing bad has happened. Went swimming at the fabulous outdoor pool with Gayvin, went to the farmer's market, picked up yummy veggies and had a delicious lunch. Pagie B came over for a bit and now I'm wandering the internets in search of something to help me feel better (this is why I don't keep snack food in the house -- emotional eating is not good for me). I don't really want to be around anyone now, don't want to talk about "it", just in a funk. I don't want anyone to make me feel better, I just want to let it pass without feeling the pressure to have to be perky and happy.

I hate this mood. Maybe I should go take a nap and see if that helps get rid of it.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I promise not to try and make you feel better! Sometimes it's best to just give in and indulge in a mood. Be a diva for a day. Allow yourself to feel what you're feeling. Give yourself space to be alone, down, depressed, stressed, or cranky without taking it out on others. In a day or two it will probably wash over and you will feel better for flushing the toxins of funk out of your system rather than repressing and ignoring them. You go moody lady! :)

Brie said...

Ditto to everything Cindy said. It sounds like you had a great day, despite your mood not letting you enjoy it. I know from experience, this too shall pass.