Monday, December 22, 2008

So far, not so good.

For those of you who haven't heard, our flight was cancelled last night.

I have been trying to get ahold of Alaska Airlines since 8:15pm. The last attempt I made before going to bed was around 11pm, and this morning, well I tried just now and everything is still busy. I'm not sure if we'll get out today or even tomorrow if I can't get ahold of anyone. I might venture out to Burbank Airport and check out the line at the Alaska desk, see if there's a long line. But at this point, so many people are in the same situation as me, it might be easier to to wait it out. I want to be proactive, so maybe I will just go to the airport and see if someone, preferably a nice ticketing agent who hasn't been up all night, can help me.

I also will be calling Customer Care at Alaska Airlines, and getting the phone number for Kari C.'s well reccomended travel agent. She might be able to help.

We have a few offers from friends down here to spend Christmas with them should our plans completely fall through, which has been wonderfuly comforting. We can always celebrate Christmas with the family next month if this wacky weather and inability to get ahold of the airlines continues.

Thank you for all your suggestions on warm weather ideas and travel suggestions!

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I'm supposed to fly out tomorrow morning. It's funny that it's a good thing at this point that I had a flight closer to xmas.

If I don't see you while I'm hope Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Matt and your various felines!

Katie said...

They've been reporting this a lot on the news here in Eugene (we're snow free, and have been for not quite a week). I know the idea of not being able to make home to spend time with your families blows, but last night they were reporting that SeaTac and PDX both were effectively closed :( And while it's hard to not be with family for the holidays, my heart really goes out to those people who are stranded in the airports. And the train stations. Pretty much everything is shut down in Portland, and power is out all over the Northwest.

I hope that you and Matt can make it home for a few days, even if it is after the holidays. I'd say try changing your tix to fly into Eugene and then drive up, but that's just insane--they require chains on I-5 from Salem north.

I hope everything works out for you two somehow, and all my best wishes for the season to you both. ~~Katie