Thursday, December 18, 2008

My latest obsession



I don't know where this comes from, and I know it's overly played on the radio. That wasn't enough for me. I had to go out and buy the CD. I listen to this song every chance I get, mostly when I'm alone because Matt's sick of it. But we spent a week figuring out the lyrics (I looked them up on line and we were almost dead on), and now it's even more fun to listen to.

I heard this song for the first time about a month ago, and it was as if the musical part of my persona had finally woken up. I used to be obsessed with music and bands, seeing concerts and listening to all different kids of bands. I don't know what happened, maybe it was after Mom died, or I just got really comfortable with my favorite singers. Maybe I got tired of the latest brand of Pop music, I'm not sure. But what I am sure of is that this song means so much to me, ..."for reasons I can't explain" (thank you, Chris Martin).

I have told Matt on many occasions that the next band I'm seeing in concert is Coldplay. They were in Orange County twice last month and I missed them, but hopefully they'll be back. And when they are, I'll be singing along with them...from the nosebleed seats.

And if you are sick of the song, I reccomend that you don't play the video. This song tends to stick in your head for awhile.

1 comment:

Beth said...

They put on a really good show. In fact I think they are the only band I know of that was able to get past the bad acoustics and put on a really great show at Key Arena. That song is pretty ubiquitous though. I don't even listen to music on the radio and I still manage to hear it almost daily.