Friday, July 20, 2012

18 weeks!

My dear Wesley,

Goodness, your Mommy doesn't have time to blog these days.  Or if I do, I'd rather watch TV or sleep, because writing requires brain power that I don't have much of these days!

Where do I begin?  The biggest news is that you've rolled over!  Twice!  And I missed it both times!  But that's ok, there are many more "firsts" to witness.  You are starting to grab things, so focused on getting the rings in the right position so they are in just the right place for you to grab on to.  You LOVE to stand up.  Screw sitting, that's for babies!  You are getting better and better at tummy time though you still hate it.  And you are starting to put your knees under your hips to lift your bum, it's pretty cute.

We took you to the doctor last Friday and you weighed in at 14 pounds!  No wonder my arms and back get sore so quickly.  You have such a sweet disposition, always smiling and cooing.  BUT you'll let us know if you're not happy about something.  As long as your basic needs are met - food, dry dipaer, entertainment, standing/sitting - then you are good to go.  People are so impressed with your good nature.  I'd like to think Daddy and I had a little something to do with that.

You are also FINALLY sleeping in your crib on a regular basis!  Just this Sunday, we started putting you down in your crib as you have gotten to be too heavy for your bouncy chair (it started looking a little horizontal when you were in it).  So we put you down, and you sleep for 2 to 4 hours at a stretch. This means no more night shifts for your poor, sleep deprived parents.  This means we can all go to bed at the same time.  And while you still don't have a set bed time, this is a step in the right direction.  And next week we start you on multi-grain cereal!  We're hoping this will keep you a little more full during the night and you won't wake up so often.  You are a growing, growing boy, so very hungry, all of the time! 

You smile so often now.  Whoever goes to get you from your crib in the morning gets big big smiles.  Your cheeks are so big and chubby, and your toothless grin just melts my heart.  You love to smile at whomever isn't holding you.  You kind of giggle, scream, bounce, stare, drool, observe everything that comes across those beautiful blue eyes of yours.  I love watching you and seeing you take in the world, watching your little brain and eyes and ears just processing that same window that's been there your whole life.

I love you my sweet, wonderful Wesley bear.  I can't believe how much you've grown and changed these last few weeks, even just the last few days.  I'm trying to enjoy every moment, even on the days when you drive me crazy and don't sleep.  :)

Love,
Mommy




1 comment:

Cindy said...

Someone is going to have to teach Daddy how to use the camera so we can get some Mommy-Wesley Pics too. ;)

Happy 18 weeks sweet boy!