Friday, March 25, 2011

Just to get it out there, I haven't exercised much this week. I am babysitting tonight and if it's ok with the 'rents, I'll be strolling their baby girl in North Tacoma for a good walk. Or I might go by myself this afternoon. We'll see. Motivation for walking is easier when the weather is so beautiful outside. However, I've really been focusing more on eating right and drinking more water, taking my vitamins, etc.

But the real reason I wanted to blog today is that I need an outlet for these emotions I'm having. Today my co-worker Tom, my parents long time friend and employee, came over to hang up my mom's window, in our home. I watched her work on it, and now it's here. It's been on the floor since last summer. Now it's in our dining room, filtering the afternoon sun, watching over us. It's difficult to tear myself away from it. I could just watch it all morning. I can't wait to see my dad's face when he comes over on Saturday. He's going to be so happy. But I can tell that I'm not going to get much accomplished today. To me, with the window finally up, I just want to stare at it. I feel like she's here, watching over us, guiding me. I just wasn't ready for that today.

No comments: