Monday, March 08, 2010

Slight Crisis Mode

I'm fine. Really, in the grand scheme of things, I'm fine. There's still money in the bank account, I have food in the kitchen, and I have a roof over my head. I'm healthy, have a great husband and friends, everything is ok.

Seems to be everyone else that's having troubles, and I can't help. I can only be there for them on the phone, listen and support from afar. Which is hard, because I just want to wrap my arms around them and give them a huge hug. I have to have faith that everything will work out, one way or the other.

I'm proud of myself, though, in a way, for not taking on other people's problems. I can only do what I can do, it is their life to live, and if all I can do is listen, well hey, that's good enough sometimes. Sometimes that's all that's needed. I used to try to fix everything, but now, I just let it slide and work on the mantra "what will be, will be, and that's ok." It's not easy, but it is calming and reassuring.

In other news, GOOD NEWS, the company I work for in West Hollywood had a movie that won best documentary last night! Yay!

1 comment:

K T said...

Good for you in knowing your limitations! You lead such a rich and wonderful life! Not only are you a good listening ear for others... but a good role model! I totally admire your cooking capabilities, and am proud of how you use local produce! I adore how much you love your husband, and anyone who has had a husband in school while you are the fulltime provider knows that isn't easy nor is communication easy! I also applaud you for your working out and love of nature... like I said, great role model to those around you!