Monday, October 29, 2007

Getting personal

Did you ever have so many thoughts in your head and feelings in your heart that you just don't know where to begin? Did you ever think that if you don't express yourself soon, whether it's in anger, frustration, happiness, or confusion, that you'll just burst? Do you ever feel that you don't know who you are, but you know who you want to be, and you have no clue how to get there? Or maybe you do, but it's an awful lot of emotional work and by unraveling you'll not be this "strong" person that people think you are? Did you ever feel so close to reaching out to those who love you but decided at the last minute you'd rather just deal with it on your own?

I had some great things to say this morning on my way to work, but of course that was in the car when I can't jot down my thoughts, and I've forgotten what I really wanted to say.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

You are so loved, even when you are not strong.

Brie said...

I never expect you to be strong, my dear. You are yourself whether you are strong or not, and I love you the same just for who you are.

Anonymous said...

I've absolutely felt this way before-quite often actually.
I usu. pop in a Morrissey cd and his lyrics/music somehow say all the things I need to get out and express. Singing, Morrissey once said is "ultimate emotion let out all at once." Have you ever tried karaoke therapy? It works for me.
Love ya,
Mary