Thursday, November 17, 2011

20 Weeks

I am amazed, stunned, and a little bewildered that in 20 more weeks, we might just have a baby in our lives.  I am trying to process how much our lives will change, that I won't be able to come and go as we please, that my love of sleep will have to be on the back-burner, and that this baby is really a little person, with *his* own feelings, thoughts, and ideas on how he will process things.  It's a biological miracle.  I go between feelings of elation and excitement to being overwhelmed and just wanting to forget about everything that still needs to happen.

Health-wise, everything is good.  We had an ultra-sound last Friday, and baby looks just fine.  No problems.  Hubby and I were so amazed to see the 4 chambers of the brain, the heart beating, *his* lips moving.  How incredible that my body knows what to do, and that all these cells seem pre-destined to work so beautifully in sync!

House-wise, Matt has finished with the basement project and it now has a lovely red concrete floor.  We get the sense that this may be a summer room because it's going to be very expensive to heat in the winter months.  He's finishing putting all the furniture back, and then I need to shop for curtains to help keep what little heat is in that room, actually in the room.  :)

20 weeks.  I feel like I just found out I was pregnant.  Where has the time gone?

3 comments:

Lena said...

You'll have no idea how much your life will change, but you will enjoy every moment parenting your bundle of joy! Congrats again!

Crafty Beth said...

20 weeks, ultrasound time...*his*, huh? :)

Camille said...

Yup! *his* :) We just aren't announcing it on Facebook.