Monday, December 10, 2007

Weekend update

I had a great weekend except for the fact that I didn't make it to yoga. What is my problem? Oh right. I'm l-a-z-y. Big surprise.

Friday night I went to bed at a decent hour after catching up on America's Next Top Model and Project Runway via TiVO but as usual woke up in the middle of the night but wasn't up for long. I got up around 7am, got some things done around the apartment, and headed off to Christmas Tea with Kari and Amanda. Poor Amanda's car doesn't work so she bused it out to Studio City where I picked her up and after dropping off Katy's book in Burbank, we headed out to Montrose's T-Room.

This place was completely charming and their christmas tea blend was really delicious. We found out that the owner orders it from Germany and she had to double order for this year because it's so popular. There were lots of goodies on the tray including a delicious turkey sandwich and fresh scones with devonshire cream. Yum! We windowshopped for a bit until I had to leave for my haircut appointment and it was back to Burbank. My hairdresser, Nicole, is awesome. I adore her. She gets that I don't take much time to style my hair, and she's so much fun to talk to because she is so different from me. She and her boyfriend spent Thanksgiving in Paris (yes, as in the Paris) and now she wants to move there. We gossiped about the other hairdressers, the men in our lives, and made plans to get together after I return from Seattle.

Speaking of which, I take off next Wednesday, which is also Katie's 18th birthday. I can't believe I can leave for for 9 WHOLE DAYS!! I'm more excited about that, I think, that actually going up North, but I'm sure the excitement (along with a little trepidation) will kick in once I get on the plane next week. Matt will join me up there on the 22nd. Already family plans have tied up the last few days of our visit, but that's ok. It's why we're there in the first place. Again, I repeat our saving grace will be the rental car. Freedom = sanity. And I mean that in absolutely no offense to any family members who might be reading. Matt and I need our own time during these family visits, and often times the only way we're able to talk in private and have some quite time is when we're in the car driving to our next destination.

And on the note of my sister's birthday, any ideas on what to get an 18 year old? I'm old and totally out of the loop.

Wow, that was a bit of a tangent. Back to the weekend!

Let's see, after the haircut I dropped off the drycleaning and was home around 4. I had no desire to go to yoga after running around everywhere all dizzy darn day. So we tuned into a movie, played some games, and then...it hit...

...the worst case of indigestion. I don't know what it was, I don't care because it's gone now, but it took about 12 hours for it to disappear. I was distracted from it when we went to buy our fake tree though! Yes, we bought a tree and it looks so beautiful! I need to borrow someone's digital camera so I can take pictures. It's pre-lit with white lights. We bought some cheapie red and green ornaments, and then used our own to fill in the gaps. It reminds me of the trees Dad used to cut from our backyeard. You can see the "trunk" but it's utterly charming and we absolutely love it. So far, only 1 nice ornament and 2 cheapie ones have been attacked, but not destroyed.

Sunday, as predicted, I spent the whole day in my pajamas and did nothing. It was awesome!

And now, it's Monday. Sigh. Back to work. But only for a few more days!

1 comment:

Dahli said...

my 19 year old sister was super excited to receive an i-tunes gift card for her birthday, funny, so was my 40 year old boyfriend..but then again, so was I for my 29th. i hope all is well.
xo