Sunday, August 27, 2006

In the last week...

I have seen Mom and her Dad, my Grandpa Wes, twice in my dreams;

I got to go sailing at Detroit Lake;

I got to see the Milky Way and many shooting stars;

I went camping on a boat;

I ate Zeeks Pizza;

I saw Katie's friend Elliott star as "Macbeth" in the Scottish Play;

I have reconnected with some family and connected for the first time with others;

I went for a walk in the neighborhood where I grew up and rediscovered many new things;

I talked to neighbors and was told that the kids I used to baby sit are now all in high school;

I got to know Brenda, my cousin's wife, who is completely wonderful and it's so nice to have a member of the family who is my age and also female;

I have spent so much time with my wonderful sister, who is wacky and goofy just like me, and is passionate about all things political and environemental;

I went to a friends house for dinner, but it was a surprise party - I had the most wonderful time and it was exactly what I needed in order to boost my spirits;

I have started to realize what it takes to run a household and yet still maintain a sense of independence and teamwork - it's a very tricky balance;

I have learned a lot about my family;

I have discovered that I think I'm going to be okay.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

We'll talk dreams when we get together. And no worries, it doesn't have to be this week/weekend if that doesn't fit for you. I'm a nurse, I have loads of time off :)